- a God who loves me and His Son that died to save me.
- a mom and dad who love me.
- that I have a job and can pay my bills.
- that I have a job that allows me to actually teach.
- that I have a roof over my head that has running water and electricity.
- that I am living in a country where I can voice my opinion, have a job, have an education, and not worry about getting harmed physically for doing so.
- those who are willing to defend my country no matter the cost.
- my friends and their love.
- that I've been blessed with a reliable car.
- that I've been blessed with good, improving health.
- that the lack of feeling, that I've had for three years (nerve damage), in my right calf is almost completely gone.
- my hurts, because it means that I have not become so cynical that I've developed a cold heart and stopped caring about others.
- my ability and capacity to love.
- the talents and gifts God has given to me.
- all the protection God granted me when I should of ended up dead, in jail, or addicted to something.
- my ever faithful kitty cats. Hey, they keep me warm at night.
- my bloggy friends; without whom, my life would be a little emptier.
- RT Tube! (ha!)
I'm thankful for many things that I did not mention. Despite all my whining, I'm very grateful for my life and how God has blessed me. I'm also thankful for blessings that I have not yet experienced.
Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3:22-26 (NIV)
Have a safe, happy, and blessed Thanksgiving!