Sunday, November 25, 2007

One of my all-time favorite Christmas songs. . .

Friday, I bought two Christmas CD's: Monster Ballads XMAS and Jazz Baby, a compilation of older recordings of Christmas songs that you can find at Hallmark stores, both of which, I like for very different reasons. Listening to them made me think of some of my favorite songs. "O, Holy Night" is my favorite, by far. However, there is a song that the locals should remember: "Christmas on the Block" by Alan Mann. Unfortunately, many years ago, Alan Mann died as a result of injuries sustained because of a house fire. His song is just really simple and tells a true story. Enjoy. (The quality is not that great, turn up the volume a bit.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite Christmas song is The First Noel. It brings tears to my eyes when I hear it. It's the words, they get to me every time.

IHeartQuilting said...

This is a really nice song, I've never heard it before.

Oh Holy Night is also one of MY favorites.

Sezme said...

DL:
I love Christmas songs. The words provide a fair bit of perspective about what is important.

Mrs. G:
:) Glad I could share the song.