Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Ridiculous

Have you ever wanted a vanity plate for your vehicle? Retired NYC police officer, Arno Herwerth does, but New York is telling him that his choice in plates is "obscene, lewd, lascivious, derogatory to a particular ethnic or other group or patently offensive."

His choice? "GETOSAMA."

When did it become offensive to want a terrorist, nutjob dead?

Next thing you know, New York will want to give every illegal alien a drivers' license. Oh wait.

(H/T: Fox)

I saw a plate that had "PWNED" on it a few weeks ago. That made me giggle.

7 comments:

The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Frakkin' New York.

I'll bet it get shot down on the west coast, too...

The Conservative UAW Guy said...

That should have been "it would get"

Anonymous said...

I bet if it said "BSHSCKS" he would have been able to keep it...

New York is stupid.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Osama appreciates the consideration, and will spare NY further attacks as a result.

BTW, I had to look up the meaning of "pwned." Am I ignorant, or what?

IHeartQuilting said...

My favorite recent vanity plate sighting was: YAMIFAT

Actually I didn't get the PWNED one either. Thinking about turkey all week makes me stupid, apparently.

Sezme said...

CUG:
Probably.

Von:
Yup.

JT:
Exactly.

John D and Mrs. Grim:
If I didn't teach teenagers, I would never know what what PWNED meant, either.

Dionne said...

That is ridiculous!!