Thursday, November 22, 2007

Attention RT shoppers!!!!!

So, are you wondering what to do now that Black Friday has reared its head? Well, I've got some ideas.



1.
TJ's Anti-Contrarian is back and Rogue is offering up some ideas for your holiday shopping that DON'T involve China (the country, not the dishes).

2. Do things that other people aren't doing and laugh at their stress! I plan on cleaning out the clutter and at the end of next week, calling "a guy" to come take it all away. When I'm done setting up for that task, I plan on going to check out my town's music shop. They have used guitars and they give lessons. I think I can swing two lessons a month. That'll have to do. See, no pressure and no stress! Woo hoo!


3. Go to a movie! There are a couple of kid-friendly movies out there this weekend...go! No kids? Well, go see a naughty movie. What? You're afraid of Santa and his naughty list? Eh, I've survived a lifetime of the naughty list.

4. Don't cook and make sure you have someone deliver the food! That way, you get to chill.

5. SHOP ONLINE! Face it, people want gadgets, DVD's, games, CD's, books, and gift cards. No need to go to a store to see things up close in most cases, so--let your mouse get a workout.


The best way to survive "Black Friday"?

Don't get caught up in the hype. Remember that Christmas is a time to celebrate Christs' birth, to be with family, and to freely express love to those you care about under the guise of cookie-induced sugar rushes. It is the love behind the gift, not the gift that counts.


Have a good day, everyone!

4 comments:

DBA Dude said...

I hate shopping at the best of times (unless done online), the crowds at this time of year are best avoided.

Good tips there rt.

Sezme said...

DBA:
I get overwhelmed in crowds, so I tend to shop online these days. However, I went out into the fray today and managed ok. No one got to me.

IHeartQuilting said...

Great ideas, I wish I had read this last week. I'm still playing 'blogging catch-up', so I'm a little late with my comments.

I did a little shopping with two of my daughters Friday night, which was nice. We don't often get the chance to just hang out together.

Sezme said...

Nice. :)

I didn't quite follow my advice, but when your best friend drags you into a store to go clothes shopping, well, you succumb to the peer pressure. HA!