Saturday, November 24, 2007

It's wicked awesome!

My best friend is home from Texas for the weekend! We spent the whole morning and part of the afternoon together: shopping, laughing, talking, going to an awesome restaurant (Brio-only one in NJ and it is on my doorstep! Had the mushroom ravioli al Forno...mama mia!), gossiping about the people she'll run into tonight at her reunion...all good and all fun!

One of the best parts was her dragging me into a store that I didn't think I had shrunk enough for, yet. In June, I set a goal to shrink into that store by Christmas. While the clothes are a little tighter than what I'm used to, they fit and I'm freakin' proud of myself! In June the clothes I had pulled out of my closet "just" fit, and they are beginning to get a little loose. What I bought today "just" fits.

What makes me even happier is that I was able to walk around stores for about three hours yesterday and today with minimal amounts of time needed to sit and recover my legs. In fact, while I'm a little stiff when I stand up, I'm recovering much more quickly!

This has been the best weekend I've had in years. Think I'll go take a nap now and rest up for tonight! I'm going out! YAY! Ok, I'm hanging out with Deathlok and Wyatt (and his friend, Bill) for a geeky, fun night!


And, btw, that picture in the header? It is a picture I took a couple of blocks from my dad's house. In fact, a lot of the tree/leaf/nature-y pictures you've seen lately (sans the thistle) have been taken by me. I'm working on developing a couple of hobbies to get me out of the abode.

7 comments:

DBA Dude said...

Great to hear that you have had some fun yesterday and were going out for more. Hope you enjoyed your night out.

Sezme said...

Yesterday was a very fun day/night! I even managed eight hours of sleep (just about)with out any leg cramps! That's amazing!

Now to find some fun for next weekend! (Shhh...don't tell anybody, but next Saturday is my birthday.)

Buckaroo Banzai said...

You can go over to Deathlok's house and play Dungeons and Dragons. HA!

Sezme said...

Maybe I won't blow through the tolls this time. Geesh. ;)

Dionne said...

Congrats on getting to fit into the new clothes. What a great feeling, woo-hoo!!

IHeartQuilting said...

I'm so glad to hear you had a great time and are feeling good, RT! Keep up the good work, you are worth it!

Sezme said...

Dee:
Thank you!

Mrs. G:
Thank you!

:)