Friday, November 09, 2007

Books

I just read a book in about a half an hour. Really, it wasn't a child's book telling me to rhyme or teaching me that some people have two mommies or daddies and it's not because of divorce.

I read a book about writing. One day, when I have more than ten-minute spurts to write, I want to craft witty, yet well-written prose. Someday. Until then, I will study Elmore Leonard's 10 Rules of Writing.

I think I'll also go back and buy a book or two of his to read. I really enjoyed the style of writing contained within his rules (and the rules themselves).

I started a book yesterday during my lengthy pedicure: The Life of Pi. I like the use of language. When I finish, I'll let you all know how it turned out. In fact, I should be doing work. I'll get to it later; perhaps, I should just read.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elmore leonard is AWESOME! One of my favorites. His book The Hot Kid is next up on my TBR list. My favorites of his are probably Freaky Deaky and Get Shorty. Tishomingo Blues is pretty cool, too. Oh hell, you can't go wrong with any of 'em. Elmore rocks.

Sezme said...

I foresee reading a few of his books over the summer. Is it too early to plan my summer?