Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Cheeeeeeesy!

EW.com posted the "Ultimate Cheesy-Ballad Playlist." Some of their choices are...
"Open Arms"-Journey
"Glory of Love"-Peter Cetera
"Lost in Your Eyes"-Debbie Gibson
"Weekend in New England"-Barry Manilow
"Somewhere Out There"-Linda Ronstadt & James Ingram
"Crazy for You"-Madonna
"Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman"-Bryan Adams
"Against All Odds"-Phil Collins
"You're in Love"-Wilson Phillips
And the list goes on including Richard Marx, Berlin, and Extreme.

I think I'd include (because they drive me nuts and I never EVER want to hear them again):
"Wind Beneath My Wings"-Bette Midler
"Patience"-Guns-n-Roses
"Home Sweet Home"-Motley Crue
"My Heart Will Go On"-Celine Dion

8 comments:

John DuMond said...

How about "Total Eclipse of the Heart," by Bonnie Tyler?

Sezme said...

OMGOSH! Add to it the equally cheesy video! WOW!

Jeffro said...

Edward Bear The Last Song - music to pull teeth and hair.

Old NFO said...

Times like this I'm GLAD I'm half deaf... Plus I don't recognize most of them anyway :-)

Dionne said...

I personally am a huge Peter Cetera fan so I love Glory of Love ;-).

DBA Dude said...

Anything by Celine Dion.

Big thumbs up to all of the music fans in Halifax Nova Scotia who got her to pull her show there after an outpouring of "negative" comments.

IHeartQuilting said...

Well, I do kinda like some of these songs. But how about the country song they always play at weddings, that goes 'Can I have this dance for the rest of my life'.

Sezme said...

Jeffro:
OK! That was bad (looked it up); however, this is so much worse!
Yes, I used to watch his television show (Mack Davis was so much cooler!) HA!

NFO:
I bet you feel that way during really inane conversations, too. :)
You're not missing anything by not recognizing any of them.

Dee:
Ummm. . .please don't tell me you like Michael Bolton, too. PLEASE! ;P'''''

DBA:
Celine is so friggin' annoying! Actually, she's kind of creepy.

Mrs. G:
I hate that song! (I don't think the list from the site was intended to be song that people end up hating. It just made me think of songs that annoy me, because most on that list do.)