Friday, November 23, 2007

The reason why humanity is suffering. . .

I'm not a mom, so I can't speak to the joys I hear are associated with parenthood. However, I do think kids are a good thing. Sure, they are expensive, cause angst as they grow up, but what if that hyper kid grew up to invent something useful and needed? Isn't his or her presence worth more than being thought of as an imposition on the eco-balance of the world?

Apparently not to
Toni Vernelli. Not only did she decide to abort a baby, but she pleaded with the doctor to sterilize her. Why?
"Having children is selfish. It's all about maintaining your genetic line at the expense of the planet," says Toni, 35. "Every person who is born uses more food, more water, more land, more fossil fuels, more trees and produces more rubbish, more pollution, more greenhouse gases, and adds to the problem of over-population." (Daily Mail)
I'm speechless, folks. Utterly speechless. I wonder if she truly understands the difference between selflessness and selfishness?


8 comments:

Jeffro said...

If she feels that badly about her existence, perhaps a long walk off a short pier would help us and the world as well.

Better that than now, since she seems determined to force her views on the rest of us.

Anonymous said...

This particular woman's decision not to procreate did the normal people of thw world a favor.

Buckaroo Banzai said...

I agree with Jim. This hippie-tree-hugging tool doesn't need to poison children with her lunacy.

Sezme said...

Jeffro:
I think the smug look in her picture is what bothers me the most. It has the "I'm more enlightened than you" look to you. Poor thing. I wonder if she realizes that hair dye and polyester shirt are no eco-friendly?

Jimbo & Wyatt:
You are both right and make very valid, and good points.

Anonymous said...

I added this link into my hippie fuel post.

Hope your Thanksgiving was great!

Sezme said...

Thank you!

My Thanksgiving was very nice. I've never cooked for my dad until now. :)

IHeartQuilting said...

Good thing she can't have children.

Sezme said...

Mrs. G:
I agree. I wouldn't want "my" children anywhere near her children if she had any.