Saturday, November 03, 2007

On your birthday. . .

Here's a voluntary meme I found at DBA Dude's site.

Meme instructions:

1) Go to Wikipedia
2) In the search box, type your birth month and day but not the year.
3) List three events that happened on your birthday
4) List two important birthdays and one death
5) One holiday or observance (if any)

My birthday: December 1

Events:
I chose things associated with the U.S.
  • 1913 - Ford Motor Company introduces the first moving assembly line.
  • 1955 - American Civil Rights Movement: In Montgomery, Alabama, seamstress Rosa Parks refuses to give her bus seat to a white man and is arrested for violating the city's racial segregation laws, an incident which leads to the Montgomery Bus Boycott.
  • 1998 - Exxon announces a US$73.7 billion deal to buy Mobil, thus creating Exxon-Mobil, the largest company on the planet.
Birthdays:
This about explains my sense of humor, eh?
  • 1940 - Richard Pryor, American actor, comedian
  • 1945 - Bette Midler, American actress
Death:
I picked someone who died the exact day I was born.
Observance:
  • World AIDS Day

2 comments:

DBA Dude said...

There is some kind of link between the two songs - some sort of cross cultural transference?

Interesting pick.

Sezme said...

No, just the sound and rhythm reminded me of the other. I'm not that sophisticated. ;P''''

I have no clue what Moreno is singing; however, he looked like he was having fun.