Saturday, July 05, 2008

Sunday Song

Matthew 19:26
Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

1 Peter 1:3-5
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

I really didn't know what to post about today. Then I remembered something I saw a few days ago. I was sitting in traffic behind an SUV that had the license plate GDSMRC.

If not for God, I'd still be going in circles, looking for a life in some very dark places. It was in one of those dark places that I told God He was free to do with my life what he wanted. Since then, it has been a wild 16 years. At each turn, though, God has been more than faithful to someone who has not deserved it. In fact, He's blessed me beyond what I could ever expect, protected me when I needed it, and has taught that I can come to Him in prayer and ask ANYTHING. I can ask "Why?" I can ask for provision for my needs, because He promises to meet our needs, since He is Jehovah Jireh. I can give Him my hopes and dreams, because I believe He gives us the desires of our Hearts. He mends our physical bodies and our hearts, because He is Jehovah Rapha. He is faithful and deeply merciful. Sometimes, He does even more than we could ever dream or imagine, because He takes delight in our thanks toward Him.

We should boldly, yet respectfully ask anything of God, because He is able. Even if you think He won't listen, He will. Trust me.


"Wonderful, Merciful Savior"
Selah

2 comments:

Snigglefrits said...

Thanks RT. Your religious take is not only one I can respect, but one I can agree with as well.

Sezme said...

God is teaching me a lot these days. I have to cling to Him, because I don't want to be lost again. It is not a good place to be. I know from much experience.