Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sunday Song

Mark 11:23
"Truly I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be taken up and cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says is going to happen, it will be granted him."

Sometimes we need to be reminded of the power God has. I know I get consumed by my circumstances at times and just wonder where God is in all of them. However, I know from experience, that I just need to keep my eyes upward and wait. Waiting is very hard, but always worth it.

I've been very blessed this week: I lost a little weight, gained some perspective about my weight and my health (God's patience is quite evident there), and I've been able to pay off a bit a debt that I wasn't expecting to be able to do for a couple of years (but have been praying about in earnest). Most importantly, though, is something I've prayed for the past couple of years. My dad told me this week that he loves me. He hasn't done that since I was around 10 years old. Those words don't drip off the tongue on either side of my family, so I know how special that is.

This has been a very good week.

"For Every Mountain"
Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir


2 comments:

Jeffro said...

Good for you!

Sezme said...

To say I'm happy would be an understatement.