Monday, January 07, 2008

Cheap imitation of Ferris Bueller

WOW! My mom used to dump water on me to get me out of bed for school. (I'd just roll over, btw.)

I can see it now, little kids everywhere will be copying 10-year-old, Diego, from Mexico.

He didn't want to go back to school after the Christmas break. (I can relate.) Seems Diego thought it would be a master plan, "'I remembered my mom had bought a very strong glue,' he said of the industrial strength shoe glue he used to stick his hand to the bed's metal headboard, where he stayed stuck for two hours."

I imagine Diego thought his plan was working. While paramedics and police worked to free him, Diego watched cartoons. Imagine his glee. He probably thought he was getting out of school, such a traumatic experience and all. NOPE. Diego went to school late, after he was freed.

His mom's response?

"I don't know why this happened. He is a very good boy," said his mother.

I've heard that one a million times.

(H/T: Yahoo)

6 comments:

USA_Admiral said...

Yep, they are always little angels who would never do anything wrong.

This kid may turn out to be a scientist.

DBA Dude said...

It even made the news over here - must have been a slow news day.

SoHoS said...

Leave it to kids :)

Sezme said...

Admiral:
Or he'll just sit in a corner drinking milk through a straw, up his nose.

DBA:
Wow. The tabloids must be bored or feeling really overworked making up their stories and everything.

SoHos:
Funny, but if I was his mom. . .

IHeartQuilting said...

Ha, how resourceful. Of course, I can laugh, he's not my kid.

We used to try to heat up the thermometer so it would look like we had a fever. That and vomiting were the only things that could get us out of school at that age. Oh, or we would hide behind a house near the bus stop and then go home and say we missed the bus. I think we only had one car at that point, so Mom couldn't drive us.

It never progressed to armed robbery or anything, so I guess we turned out OK anyway.

Sezme said...

In high school, getting me to go to school was a most laborious task. My mom was so used to me trying to get out of school (just about every day) that when I actually dislocated my knee while getting ready for school and was on the floor screaming in pain, she yelled at me to get up and to go to school. Yeah, she never lived that one down.