Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Promise from God

Today on my way into work rain was making its way out of the area and the sun was rising. That, my friends, is the perfect combination for a rainbow. When I got to work, I looked up to see if there was one, and sure enough, there was. I love rainbows.


If you really take a minute or two to look at them, you'll see just how amazing they are. While I stood taking these pictures, people just walked by, not even noticing. It made me think about how often we walk by things worth a minute or two of our time, too busy to enjoy moment of peace or beauty. For example, how about instead that newspaper article or magazine article you just have to read, hug the kid that keeps asking you a question just to have a minute of your time. Instead of being so narrowly focused on a task or on your work, try providing someone that loves you, some love back, rather than saying, "I'm busy."

You know that promise you made to a loved one? How about keeping it?


Rainbows are the reminder of a promise God made in Genesis 9:8-17 to never destroy the earth with an all-consuming flood ever again.

God keeps His promises. . .all of them. Sometimes we have to give Him the elbow room to do His work and not get in His way. Other times, we just need to follow his example.

6 comments:

SoHoS said...

Thank you for that.

USA_Admiral said...

Agree with SoHos;

Well Done Lady! I come here for the inspiration.

I try never to tell my daughter I am too busy for her. I doubt I could have said that 15 years ago.

Sezme said...

Sohos:
You're welcome. I was afraid it was too preachy. But, I was really taken by how many people didn't notice there was a rainbow and then it dawned on me how much we miss because we are so focused on ourselves.

Admiral:
Part of why I felt this way is because I've spent the last couple of days thinking about this profound post by Ssssteve.

Sezme said...

Oh, and thank you for the compliment. :)

Ssssteve said...

Hey, thanks girl!

I believe in all of His promises, living for Him is the only way to live!!

Sezme said...

You're welcome. It's a great post. :)

Amen.