Friday, December 01, 2006

Yipeeee!!!!

Today is my birthday and well...usually my birthdays really suck. But this time is different. When I got to school this morning my desk was littered with balloons, noise makers, and cards. The cards meant a lot to me. Inside, my colleagues wrote nice things like, "it's our turn to make you laugh" and nice messages about how they appreciate my general "presence" in their lives. To be honest, I felt really special. Then...at lunch they had an ice cream cake for me. Yes...all the candles went out with one, good strong huff and puff on my part. Two of my classes sang happy birthday to me, a third would have, but I could overhear their inability to get it going...everyone was too chicken to start it (cute). One of the classes that did sing to me is a small class of ESL students. They are the sweetest kids and they sang to me in English, Spanish, Arabic, and Chinese, and Korean. When I got home my mom had gone to my favorite local restaurant and got my favorite dish by them AND she bought me a chocolate mousse cake. WOW! She even bought me some flowers with my favorite gerber daisies (the flower that accompanies "RT" on my comments).

Tomorrow, I am spending the day with my best friend and going out to lunch.

I just feel very blessed, today. :)

11 comments:

wrecksE said...

Well Happy Birthday! And you should feel special! I believe another Guinness is in order ;)

Sezme said...

I think I must OD on chocolate mousse cake!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Happy birthday!

Ya know what? Ben and Jerry's makes a black and tan ice cream. That's great stuff. I usually flatly refuse to buy Ben and Jerry's because of their hippieness, but I can't resist cream stout ice cream.

Sezme said...

I will have to try the ice cream.

BTW...the cake was yummmay! I can't even describe how good it is/was (there's still a lot left).

Dionne said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!

I am so glad it was special and that you feel loved. Its a great feeling and you deserve it. Have a great night and a great day tomorrow!!

r_mate_e said...

HAPPY B_DAY..

I heard it on good authority that Coors Light and chocolate cake is the breakfast of champions!!

Here's to many more..

Anonymous said...

Sorry I'm late. Happy Berfday!

Buckaroo Banzai said...

HAPPY 50TH!!!

Heh. I suck.

Sezme said...

LMC:
It was nice to feel like I was special. I don't usually feel that way. It was also nice to feel loved. I don't come from a family that says that word, so it was nice to see that people cared.

Arrrrrgh:
Chocolate and beer...grains, antioxidants, and fats....sounds healthy to me!

FIAR:
Better late than never. :) Thank you.

Wyatt:
You're twelve years early. Out of respect for LMC, I will not respond to the "I suck" comment you made about yourself. Several snarky comments came to mind, but I will resist the urge. Ugh...it is so tough, too! Dernit.

Dionne said...

Hey, don't refrain on my account. Anything snarky said to Wyatt sounds good to me ;-)!!

Sezme said...

Well I posted my foul thoughts, felt guilty, and then deleted them. :)

I have too much upbringin'.