Wednesday, December 20, 2006

To the rest of my blog buddies...

Today is a cumulative gift-giving day! There are a handful of bloggy friends that I either visit, who don't visit me, or that visit when they have a chance. To them I offer the following gifts:

  • GOP & City/ "The Man": Tons of ideas for caption contests.
  • GrimJack: Ideas for posts and a happy and prosperous new year!
  • Middle of No Man's Land: A better newsboy, lots of time for her family, and plenty of trips to any nearby city...for some good shopping!
  • Temerrity of High maintenace: To Deathlok I give time to plan the next MWE, no leaking pools or any other household repairs, a new computer, and most importantly, all the action dolls...I mean figures he can handle.
  • The MoxArgon Group: A tracking device to implant in Remulak in case he/it ever gets lost again. I don't want to have to take him/it to anymore f****n airtports in f*****n Newark!
  • Uber: To Uber I give my great-grandmother's Scottish shortbread recipe. I also give her more time for herself and an awesome year to come, filled with unexpected blessings.

REAL Scottish Shortbread:
2 cups UNBLEACHED, ALL-PURPOSE flour (sifting optional)
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup confectioner's sugar (do not use granulated sugar...this is the difference!)
Directions:
In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.

In a large bowl, with electric mixer at medium speed, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. At low speed, gradually stir in the flour mixture until it is well blended. I can't emphasize "well-blended" enough. Chill the dough for two hours. (I usually make a disk and wrap it in plastic wrap.)

After two hours of chilling, roll out the dough to about 1/8" thick. I use a pizza cutter to make squares, but you can use whatever you want. Just make sure you put 4-6 salad fork pricks into each piece of shortbread (cookie).

Place on a non-stick cookie sheet at 350 degrees until golden brown (not dark brown, as that means the butter is burning). It will take 15-20 minutes, but all ovens vary..

Enjoy!!!! They really do melt in your mouth!

No comments: