Monday, December 11, 2006

A CHEER, A JEER, AND A WTF!!!

Plain and simple...
Cheers go to the Iranian students who had the guts to go militant on Pres. Tom.

Jeers go to the parents of my plagiarizing student. They had the nerve to come to school, without an appointment, and then when I was gracious enough to meet with them...had the nerve to ask if their child could do any extra credit to help improve a grade that now suffers from a zero out of 100. Ummmm.....NO!

WTF?!?!?! A month or so ago I had a student ask me if I would meet him for dinner. "Not even if I'm paying?" Of course I said no and that it would highly unethical. I thought it was a one-time inappropriate thing, so I just let it go. It happened in front of other students, so I was covered. Today, he asks if it is ok for students and teachers to hang out on the weekends. Again, I said no and that it is unethical. He then said, "American teachers and students hook up all the time, don't they?" (He's not from these parts.) I told my principal. How creepy!!!

7 comments:

Joe Cool said...

Don't you remember "Hot for teacher"?

It's a boy's dream.

AND FIRSSSST!!!

Sezme said...

I am so not hot. Well...I dream about men, not little boys.

And why is my apostrophe making some kind of weird tool bar appear on my screen. I must have contractions!!!!

Anonymous said...

Must be that virus you're spamming everyone with

Dionne said...

I also cheer for the Iranian students.

Unbelievable about both of your student incidents. I guess the foreign kid has read Mary Kay Letourno & Vili's book. I've heard it did well in France. Yikes!!

Sezme said...

FIAR:
For real?

LMC:
YUK!

Uber said...

OMG RT, I had absolutely NO idea that you even had a blog. Honest. I don't know how this has escaped my attention. No excuse.

I shall link to you immediately!

Sezme said...

Thank you Uber! I'm glad you visited. I like smart people. :)

Thanks for the link...when you have time, of course.