Friday, December 08, 2006

First In for a Festival of Merriment!


Today's Christmas presents go to Captain Den at First In. The good captain has a love of good music, loud cars, denim jackets, and putting up Christmas lights.

I don't know Den, but from reading his blog I have surmised that he might like a cool car to drive to fire scenes. Well, I've been in negotiations with the city of Philadelphia and for a small pay-off, concessions in the benefits and pension programs, and a paycut for Den, I've managed to get him this sweet ride. The City states that you can take it on site, Captain. It even has a radio and emergency "I'm on a mission" lights. It beats those other vehicles you're expected to drive.

Not to be stopped at just giving Den a car, I have decided to give him the gift of music, too. I have a friend that is a firefighter. Every time I read Den's blog I'm reminded of my friend. Our favorite thing to do "back in the day" was to memorize Iron Maiden and sing along with it. So today my gift is inspired by nostalgia.

Always remember the things that bring a smile to your face (especially the little, stupid things). It is worth it...once in a while you end up reliving the warm and fuzzies. That's a good thing! (Did I just steal a M. Stewart catchphrase?)

Merry Chirstmas, Captain!

4 comments:

The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Cool car.
And I heart Maiden.

UP THE IRONS!!!

Sezme said...

Did you scroll down to see your "presents?"

captainamerica said...

Thats awesome RT! Just what I wanted, the Starsky & Hutch car! Awesome. I want you to know that I 'll only let Wyatt sit in the back. Merry Christmas,
RT RULES!

Sezme said...

Yeah...Wyatt would probably try to slide across the hood of the car...better not let him do that, either.

Much better than the city issued stuff, eh?