Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Personal Christmas Message:


Ok...this is a rare serious side. You've been warned!

Dreams. We all have them and sadly, as we get older, we begin to believe that they will never come true. I was reminded of this when I was at Uber's site Tuesday. She has a wonderful graphic of a child staring out of a window at Santa on his sleigh.

When I was little and on up into my late teens, I would always sit at my bedroom window and look at the night sky and the stars. No matter the state of my walk with God (or major lack thereof), I always found myself giving Him my dreams. They were always the same...all those years. Oddly enough, even now, I find that my bed is right next to a window. Every now and then I catch myself looking out of the window, looking at the various stages of moon's cycle, and staring at the stars. My dreams are the same. God hasn't seen fit to grant me what I hold most dear, but as I get older I see that my dreams are there waiting for me...to mature, to learn lessons, and to be still. They'll be there waiting for me until God says it is time. I'm hyper, impulsive, and lack patience. I am the perpetual, "Are we there yet," child.

So, I just want to encourage any of you that have dreams, have had dreams seem to fade, or think that there is no hope to know that there is hope. As long as you can dream...there is hope.

The week that ends the year, Christmas through New Year's, always brings a weird kind of hope and pain. We hurt over the things and people lost in the past year. However, we anticipate blessings for the following year.

I hope all of you find your dreams if you've lost them, wait patiently if that's what's been asked of you, or revel in the fruition of what you have long hoped for. You don't have to believe what I believe. You have that choice. I just want to be an encouragement.

You all have been a blessing to me and I thank you. Thank you for your kind words, your jokes, and the many times you all tried to assuage my hurts.

I look forward to telling you about some dreams coming true...when God feels it is time.

Merry Christmas!
Psalm 37
Mark 10:27

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas RT.

Skul

wrecksE said...

I'm slowly learning how to be still as well. Thanks for the encouragement. Merry Christmas, and the happiest of New Years to you!

Sezme said...

Skul:
Same to you. I hope you have much to celebrate this Christmas.

Wreckse:
Being "still" is easy to pledge, but hardest to do. A friend who knows all me deepest stuff always says that God is baking a cake and it isn't quite finished yet. I always respond with, "Well it must be burning by now, because it has been baking way too long."

Thank you for your well-wishes. :)

wrecksE said...

I hear you, I'm pretty sure my cakes a little on the well done side as well ;)

Sezme said...

Jeremiah 29:11 :)

wrecksE said...

Hope AND a future. Good word for a new year! Thanks.

Sezme said...

You are quite welcome. See...all those verses that got me through the past twelve years...passed along to encourage someone else. It's a good thing. :)

Dionne said...

Awesome, awesome post!!!!!!! I totally agree with you on this. For many years I listened to the naysayers and stifled my dreams but no more. I had some major issues with anxiety that came to a head in 2001 and ever since then I dare to dream and take risks and have hope no matter what the odds.

I too am a Are you there yet? child but refuse to give up. I really needed this post today. Also, that song by Martina McBride is one I fell in love with but didn't know the title or who sang it. And the scriptures were perfect. Thanks so much and may all your dreams come true and have a very, merry Christmas!!!!

Sezme said...

LMC:
Excuse me, I have something in my eye! Wench!

Seriously...I need to just live and trust that God is in the details and stop trying to control things I cannot control. He knows everything before we even have a glimmer of a thought or a clue. :) Glad this was an encouragement.