Saturday, December 16, 2006

In knots


I seem to be having a particularly hard time this Christmas. I should be a complete puddle by New Year's Eve. I'm not sleeping...can't, stressed, my stomach is in knots, and I'm cranky. I went looking for some Christmas cheer and found something that reminded me of my childhood...this was something my dad took me to see several times. I had a crappy childhood, but my dad had Saturday visitation and didn't know what to do with me. I usually had good ideas like this one.

I hope to be chipper again when all of this is over with. My Christmas presents will resume on Sunday evening. Maybe I'll be able to figure out my funk.

3 comments:

Dionne said...

No matter how you look at it I think Christmastime is a stressful time of year.

Anonymous said...

I hope you can turn it around, RT. Think with spirit and optimism.

Sezme said...

LMC:
I hate being such a whiner. So many people have problems way bigger than mine. I'm just overwhelmed by a lot of things right now. I've never been this stressed during Christmas. I used to make (literally) thousands of cookies and give them away, I used to shop for upteen people just to give presents, and I used to be able to handle it all with a smile. I also used to just drive around to look at the Christmas lights. I'm turning into a Scrooge, I think.

Insol:
I'm afraid I have to find a dictionary to figure out what those words mean. :) The weird thing is...I'm not depressed. I'm just very very overwhelmed and stressed and it is making me hate the holidays.