Wednesday, October 24, 2007

An oldie but goodie!

Back in the day (ok, about a year ago and subsequent times since) I had the pleasure of being entertained by your collective wit. Truth be told, I need to be entertained again. I've got a double dose of family drama going on and I just need some laughter. (The short of it: My ill aunt found out her cancer has spread to her abdomen and diaphram--not good--pray, please. My crazy aunt is causing problems for my pops. Grrrr!)

So, what am I asking you to do? I simply want you to compose a funny limerick. I'll even let y'all use any language you want. I just need to laugh and not feel so "amped" up and stressed (for like two minutes).
I'd like a theme of Halloween or variations of ghoulish stuff. Here are the basic requirements of a limerick:

Limericks have five lines. Lines 1, 2 & 5 all end with the same rhyme (ex. flue, do, blue). Lines 3 & 4 rhyme, but separately from lines 1,2 & 5. Limericks should always be funny, so please have fun.

Don't be intimidated, have fun!

9 comments:

Buckaroo Banzai said...

There once was a man from Nantucket . . .

Oh, I tried that one before, didn't I?

Rodney Dill said...

I only ever wrote one limerick that I thought was good, but it comes with a picture. I have tried others, but none I was ever really happy with.

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/archives/2004/11/page/5/

Its toward the bottom of the page.

IHeartQuilting said...

A limerick, huh? Ok, let's see...

There once was a guy named Wyatt,
Whose humor was quite a riot.
He blogged us a note,
We read what he wrote,
And it's free so we don't have to buy it.

Sorry, forgot the Halloween theme. I'll try that later.

IHeartQuilting said...

OK, here is a Halloween one. I didn't write it but thought it was funny. Hope it brings you a laugh as well.

Halloween witch was frenetic.
She feared it was something genetic.
They tested her sugar
And found a big booger.
They ruled she is snot diabetic.

Sezme said...

Wyatt:
You are probably so drunk on Alabama Slammers (read: fruity girl drink) right now, that you just spouting limericks.

Rodney:
I tried the link, but it wouldn't appear.

Mrs. Grim:
1. HA!

2. Funny and made me laugh out loud! (Even if you didn't write it.)

Rodney Dill said...

Here is it as a link

Sezme said...

Yes, Rodney, simply disturbing.

DBA Dude said...

Not on topic but this came to me last night just before I retired:

There was a young lady from Philly,
She would not go out which was silly,
She stood on a chair,
And pulled out her hair,
Then she said "Now you must call me Billy".

Sezme said...

DBA:
Umm...what were you drinking before you "retired?" Heh.