Sunday, October 07, 2007

Apparently Obama is God, now.

I am a born again Christian. I have been since a young age, despite severely backsliding in my youth for a good long time, and even though I have quite an evident edge to me (quite flawed), I am very serious about my faith and about what the Bible says.

I am wary of leaders or purported leaders (of any political party) who go into churches and use the "language" of the faith. Not only do I find it condescending, but also disturbing. There are leaders who quietly walk their faith while in public office, but that faith should never be used like a marketing idea to get elected to public office. A public official should not use the "language" to prey on the emotions of those who have faith and who are sitting in a church where they should be worshipping God and not listening to a campaign speech from a candidate for public office.

It still amazes me that with all the "separation of church and state" that goes on, the Democrats walk their hypocritical feet down the aisles of churches.

I just read the following quote of Obama as he spoke to a church:

"Sometimes this is a difficult road being in politics," Obama said. "Sometimes you can become fearful, sometimes you can become vain, sometimes you can seek power just for power's sake instead of because you want to do service to God. I just want all of you to pray that I can be an instrument of God in the same way that Pastor Ron and all of you are instruments of God."

He finished his brief remarks by saying, "We're going to keep on praising together. I am confident that we can create a Kingdom right here on Earth." [UMM, DUDE, ONLY CHRIST CAN DO THAT WHEN HE RETURNS TO REIGN ON EARTH FOR A WHILE. GUESS YOU MISSED THAT PART IN THE BIBLE!!!]
I cannot tell you how dangerous it is for someone to use that language. Not everyone sitting in a church is "churched." That's how fanatics are born. It is also twisting the Bible to fit ones needs.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Apparently Obama is God, now."

Mother Hillary might disagree on that.


Skul

Buckaroo Banzai said...

Can you imagine the outrage if Bush had said this? yet the Left is lauding Obama as brilliant.

Stop the world, I wanna get off.

Heh, heh, "get off."

Sezme said...

Skul:
Eh, she's just the Anti-Christ.

Wyatt:
Exactly! Not only that, but his statement about the "kingdom on earth" is so dangerous on so many levels. And he's and ass.

We know you want to get off...so, get crackin'.

Dionne said...

I couldn't agree with you more on this. Like I mentioned in my post when I saw someone who went to a good evangelical church with an Obama bumper sticker I just cringed. I also know a very good Pastor who has bought into some of his "propaganda". Its just sad.

Sezme said...

Yep.