Saturday, October 13, 2007

YAY!!!

The Flyers won their first home game by beating the Islanders! Yippeee!

Yeah, there were some fists and hits, but what I liked the most was the end of the game. Flyers' defenseman and team captain, Jason Smith, got an empty net goal because he went down to the ice and stopped the puck with his body, twice. After the second time, he got his stick on the puck and it went in to the Islander's empty net, ending a scoreless streak that has haunted him since January.

Welcome to Philadelphia, Smitty!
(Biron...29 saves. Nice.)

4 comments:

DBA Dude said...

Sporting gods were smiling on us all yesterday, our men won in Glasgow as well.

Woo Hoo!

Sezme said...

I have men in Glasgow? WOW! I better get on a plane! HA!

I'm glad your team won! Rangers? Celtic?

I used to watch Italian soccer on RAI. I used to watch it so much that I knew their names, all of the teams, and when I watched other soccer clubs in other parts of Europe, I could distinguish the different style of play. Now, I couldn't tell you anything about soccer except that a ball gets kicked around for a while and when someone finally scores, there's a huge celebration.

Chip's Church Chat said...

That is cool. My dad used to talk about Bobby Orr all the time with those types of shots.

Here is an Orr#4 clip.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=dq4yGWipyBk

Love your blog. Appreciate your eye for comedy and spirituality--that's the best and zest of life.
chip.

Sezme said...

Thank you for the compliment. I appreciate it.

I liked the highlight reel. Bobby Orr was definitely a special player.