Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Sad Day

While I will probably post my usual inane stuff, I could not let what has happened in the past four days, especially the last 24 hours, go by without commenting on it.

In four days, three police officers were shot in Philadelphia. Last night an officer was shot in the shoulder. The thug who shot at him aimed for his head. He ended up jumping into the Schuylkill River and drowning. Swift justice.

Unfortunately, today, less than 24 hours after last night's shooting, Officer Charles Cassidy was doing his job and was shot in the head for his efforts. All I can say is pray for him, his family, his friends, and for the police officers. They need it.

There are just no words for how angry I am about what has become of Philadelphia.

Officer Cassidy

Captain America has a good post about the events of the day and the outcome for a murderer of a cop who was killed a year ago.

Wyatt, however, has personal connections to today's shooting and has posted about it.

3 comments:

Captain America said...

Thanks RT

Sezme said...

May he rest in peace.

Dionne said...

Very sad, my prayers are with his family. Ditto your comments RT!!