Friday, October 19, 2007

Music and stuff

On the way home from a 60+ hour week tonight, I heard a Led Zeppelin song that I had not heard in ages. I used to own the Led Zeppelin III album, and this is one of my favorite songs from it. It also reminded me of a guy who used to be my friend. He looked like a young Robert Plant, including the long curly, wavy hair. We had a funny friendship. He and I happened to go out to California around the same time. I was really bored one day and I called his mom (a former teacher of mine, so I knew about him going to LA before I did, and had seen him in passing when he visited her at school) and she gave me his phone number. We never hung out in California, but when he came back a few months after I did, we hung out all the time. He had this thing about kissing me on the lips. I never quite got it. It was the type of kiss that was a little too long for a peck. One time, because he had a girlfriend, I turned my head so he'd kiss me on the cheek. Eh, he wasn't happy with that move. He was "willing," but I wasn't. He could be verbally abusive, and well, I had enough of that for one lifetime, so I just remained friends with him. Anyway, this song reminded me of him and those kisses.


Song: "Friends"
Led Zeppelin

No comments: