Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Post Pourri

Ok...odds and ends or any other title you want to give it. I'm fried to a crisp, today.

Note to self: When you turn a bazillion years old, don't wear that stupid cell phone ear piece, drive in lanes that don't exist while on said cell phone, and then drive 50 mph in a 65 mph zone and then try to merge left. I need the duct tape!

Note to self: Quit supervising Saturday detentions. A parent emailed my principal to say that my colleague and I "manhandled" her 6'2 son. The only interaction I had with the kid was, "**** please remove your feet from the table.....****, remove your leg from the table, please." Unreal!

Did you know that teenagers can't tell time by using a normal clock? Did you know the official time is "cell phone" time? Ugh.

Well, I ate some chocolate today. Inside the special milk chocolates with caramel in the center are inspirational sayings...
"Challenge yourself and seek inward peace"
Getting out of bed is a challenge and the day I have inward peace, I'll be dead.

"Get lost walking in a corn maze"
WTF???

"Sit quietly and listen to the sounds of Autumn"
Hmm...autumn means change, decay, and death...and lots of crunchy sounds.

I'll be back to normal tomorrow, I hope. I tried to do to much work and now I'm fried.

Have an awesome evening. I'm gonna go manhandle some hippies and make them hurt.

7 comments:

John DuMond said...

I tried to do to much work and now I'm fried.

Precisely the reason that I try do as little as possible at work.

Sezme said...

I think I got to ambitious with how well I've begun to feel.

That or I could be getting what all the kids at school have...they've been coughing and sneezing in my general direction. In fact, I just woke up from a nap hoping to be mongerlicious© and I feel like crap. Sorry if I'm whining.

I think I should adopt the "do as little work as possible" stance. Might do me some good.

Anonymous said...

No, the only official time is the one on the time clock.

Dionne said...

I got extremely frustrated in traffic today as well. Everybody and their dog seemed to be out and 2 people almost ran me over within 5 minutes of each other. Its a good thing my kids were in the car or it wouldn't have been pretty :-).

Hope you feel better tomorrow, right there with ya!!

Sezme said...

People just go about their business like there is no one else in the world. Self-absorbed.

r_mate_e said...

Those chocolates reminded of a joke a buddy pulled on is wife. There is a product called Mis-Fortune cookies, and they have horrible predictions in them.

The buddy's wife loved chinese food, and they went to eat it weekly. On one such trip he switched a regular fortune cookie with a Mis-fortune cookie. It read: You will die next Tuesday...

Agast, she demanded to see the manager..

Hilarity ensued, and a few weeks later they went back to the same restaurant.

This time the cookie read: The only thing on your body bigger that your mouth is your ass..

The poor papa-san at the cash register never had a chance...

Sezme said...

Too funny!