Saturday, November 18, 2006

The Genius of Southern Simplicity

Sometimes you just hear a song that is so simple, yet so profound.

I've been listening to the band Shinedown lately and have gone gaa gaa over their music. While I couldn't find a video for my favorite song, I found a video of their cover of Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Simple Man." The singer of Shinedown does an absolutley outstanding job singing this beautiful song. The whole thing just sends tingles down my spine.

Don't forget to click on the full screen image of the video. It is so worth it. This guy's voice is awesome!

5 comments:

wrecksE said...

I hadn't heard of this band. Great cover of a classic indeed.

Sezme said...

They are a hard rock band. I have a really bad habit of buying the cd, putting it in my cd case in the car, and then I never know what the titles to songs are. I think the title of the cd is Us Against Them...Usually Amazon lets you listen to portions of songs if you're interested. "Simple Man" is not on the cd, however.

Sezme said...

Btw...I think his voice sounds a little like the singer from the Guess Who. Same qualities.

Sezme said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sezme said...

Wreckse:
I was just flipping channels and I came across a video by Trent Tomlinson. He had a good sound with excellent lyrics. Well...and he wasn't hard on the eyes either.