Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Giving Thanks

I'm thankful that I have a mom that stood by me when most parents would have said, "hit the bricks, loser!"

I'm thankful that I have a better friendship/relationship with my dad...something I never thought would be the case.

I'm thankful that I have been able to go from high school dropout to a college graduate (with highest honors)...with some grad classes completed, too.

I'm thankful that I did not have to endure what my friends and acquaintances from my past have had to endure: rehab, aids, jail, and all-around misery.

I'm thankful that God saw fit to bless me with so many instances of protection from harm--physical and legal, and that He saw fit to allow change when so many others suffer in pitiful circumstances.

I'm thankful that while my life is far from perfect or what I would like it to be, that I have a roof over my head, I'm not starving, I have a decent car and that I have an enjoyable, good job (most days).

I'm thankful for my blog buddies. You all have had kind words for my hurts and laughter for my bad jokes.

Finally, I'm sooooooooo very thankful for BACON®!!!!! (Sorry, had to slip that into the post.)

Just in case I don't run into y'all sometime tomorrow, have a wonderful Thanksgiving, everyone!

9 comments:

r_mate_e said...

Have a good Thanksgiving!!

Gobble Gobble Gobble!!

(Think airline counter lady on Planes Trains and Automobiles right before Steve Martin drops the F-bomb about 743 times)

Sezme said...

FIAR:
I will eat a lot of murdered turkey, stomped potatoes, ripped bread, and pie of pumpkin guts. And anything else I'm not supposed to eat. I will come home and sleep a long nap.

Sezme said...

Arrrrgh:
Thank you! You have a wonderful turkey day, too!

wrecksE said...

Happy Thanksgiving! mmmm murdered turkey. I hope thats not copyrighted...

Sezme said...

Murdered turkey©! It is now! But I can extend rights to those I wish.

Ssssteve said...

Happy Thanksgiving RT!! Have a wonderful day!!

Sezme said...

YOU TOO!!!!

Dionne said...

Have a wonderful thanksgiving!! I appreciated your list and I loved the peanuts video :-)!!

Sezme said...

I appreciate all that I'm thankful for, too. I so do not deserve the blessings I've received.

The Peanuts video just cracks me up...it makes me happy, so I thought I'd pass along the giggle.

I think the guy all the way in the back doing the running man way before its time is Wyatt.