Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sunday Song

Ecclesiastes 3:11

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.

I've been very blessed, lately. To be honest, I had been feeling kind of beat down by the stuff of the past three or four years (health/family stuff).

Lately, things have changed and I've been quite blessed by God. One of those blessings is that my body is finally starting to cooperate in the weight loss department. I've been trying for three years to lose "the weight." Finally, with my thyroid under control, my body is responding to my efforts. Thank God.

I don't choose to be this way. Some people are o.k. with it. I'm not. I'm not as active as I'd like to be. I can't wear the clothes I want to wear. It might sound kind of shallow, but to me, it is a quality of life issue.

So...as my best friend has been telling me the past few months: "God is blessing you. This is your time. You've prayed and prayed and now, it is time." I wouldn't be able to appreciate "this time" unless I had the rough spots, though.

I'm hopeful, but most importantly, because of the past few years, God has taught me a lot about myself and my need for Him and about my need to depend on Him. Only He can do what needs to be done and I have to give Him that chance. All aspects my life will be beautiful in His time.

I hope you all have a really nice Sunday.

For the full passage of Ecclesiastes 3, click HERE.



"I Was Made To Love You"
Toby Mac

2 comments:

Buckaroo Banzai said...

God hates me. That's obvious, because he gave Danny Briere a slump the second I traded for him. Damn.

Sezme said...

God doesn't hate you. He just wants to show you the depth of man's wisdom compared to His.