Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A little something good for the soul...

It's been a while since I shared some quotations that made me think or that I just plain appreciate. I don't know who to attribute most of these to, since where I got them didn't do the proper thing and cite them, but I thought I'd share them just the same.

Hope you enjoy them, too.

Maybe God wants us to meet a few wrong people before meeting the right one so that when we finally meet the right person, we will know how to be grateful for that gift.

Kind of like kissing lots of frogs, right? :)

The best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've every had.

Believe it or not, I'm not exactly the most talkative person when you meet me. I have a hard time saying what I want to say--a shyness thing. That's why I really like this quotation. Sometimes, just a glance says more than a whole sentence. Silence doesn't always need to be interrupted with talking.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
they just make the most of everything that comes along their way.

This one is good because it is a reminder not to dwell on what you don't have and to enjoy your blessings, no matter how small they might be.

The brightest future will always be based on a forgotten past, you can't go on well in life until you let go of your past failures and heartaches.

How true. Can't relive the past and you can't let the bad things drag your butt into the mud.

The art of being wise is knowing what to overlook.
--William James

Sometimes we have a "view" of perfection for our own lives; however, I think, it is when we begin to find happiness in the mundane and imperfect (instead of dwelling on the imperfection as a really bad thing), that we learn to be happy. That opens up all kinds of paths for us that we might have closed our eyes to.

They that sow in tears shall reap joy. ~Psalms 126:5

True, and a provision of hope.

2 comments:

Buckaroo Banzai said...

Here's one that works for me:

Don't eat the yellow snow.

Sezme said...

Heh. Frank Zappa would be proud. You're a sage.