Monday, September 24, 2007

Questionable Post

I feel dirty posting this. Jealous and dirty.

I was driving home tonight (dusk) when a truck came flying up the left lane. (Not like the truck in the picture--I'm choosing the truck; therefore, it will be pretty.) When something comes up on you really fast it tends to get your attention. In my side-view mirror I see this thing going a little wild in the front seat. I thought it was a dog. Wrong.

It was the girlfriend of the guy driving. She was doing the whole "no-seatbelt-sit-as-close-as possible" thing. As they passed, I could see that she was practically sitting on him and well, he began to drive really fast and a tad less than cautious...I'll just say that much. I think maybe she was giving him a "hand" with his driving skills. Heh. You know how you can just tell?
The jealous part? They were young, having fun, and being reckless enough that it was hot. It made me think of this song as they passed by me.

My life is so boring. Grrrrrr! What? You thought I'd be appalled? NOPE! It did make me think how fun it would be to write a story about them, though.

Courtesy: Scully


10 comments:

IHeartQuilting said...

Ah, the good old days.....I loved that song in high school (what did you think I was refering to?). I occasionally joke that if I had gotten a tattoo when I was young, it would have said Foghat. Good thing I didn't, huh. Oh, to be young and impulsive again....I can't even take a spontaneous trip to the drug store any more. Nice truck, by the way, definitely better than the one they were in, I'm sure.

LBJ said...

Whenever I hear Bachman Turner Overdrive, Bad Company or Radar Love, I drag out pictures of my old Cuda and remember. .

But I'll take older, better insured, with a WHOLE lot more spending money for fun, over young and impulsive any day.

Sezme said...

Ummm....."Radar Love"....ummm....That song is so freakin' HOT! That's the drag the boy out kind of song. Damn. Did I just say that out loud?

It gets worse the more weight I lose, too. I'll be seriously bouncing off of walls by June. Damn.

Sorry. That song...

Sezme said...

Oh, I used to hang out with a guy (didn't realize his true intentions until after I went to Cali.)...anyway...he drove a Javelin. That was a cool car.

grimjack said...

I'm downloadin some Foghat tonight.

Sezme said...

Have fun! ;P

Garages that are not filled with clutter that can actually store cars are a fun escape. Umm...so I imagine.

Heh.

Jeffro said...

China Grove! Eight tracks! Magic Carpet Ride!

I still enjoy frying some rear tire occasionally.

Buckaroo Banzai said...

Awesome! I wonder if she used any motion lotion? Heh.

Deathlok said...

I was wonder how you could see her head. . . . WHAT?

Sezme said...

Jeffro:
Does fried rear tire taste like bacon? HA!

Wyatt:
Could've been a dry rub. Ok. I just grossed myself out a bit.

Deathlok:
What? She wasn't doing "that." I was waiting, though...it was that obvious they were up to some fun stuff.