Thursday, September 13, 2007

SO NICE I WANNA KISS HIM!

A week or so ago (can't remember) I went on and on about how I LOOOOOOOVEEEEE Colin Farrell. Yeah, he's had his issues to deal with (don't we all?). But in interviews that I've seen with him, he's always seemed like a cool guy. I wouldn't mind having a beer with the guy.

Given all of that, I just read an article about Farrell helping out a homeless guy. At first it was helping the guy win a contest, buying him clothes, and a sleeping bag. When I read the part about a sleeping bag I thought, "Dude, you've got tons of money...can't you do more?" Well, he did. Not only did he go out to get the guy a wad of money, he paid a year's rent on an apartment for the guy. I hope the guy makes the most of it and turns his life around--it can happen.


We should never second-guess acts of kindness, either done to us or when we feel compelled to do them. You never know the impact you have on someone's life good or bad unless they really tell you. Why not impact someone for good?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I almost hate to ask. Who's Colin Farrell?

Skul

Sezme said...

He's an actor from Ireland. He's had some issues with substance abuse and during that made a couple iffy movies, so he's been laying low for a year or so.

I used to watch him on the Irish drama, Ballykissangel. PBS used to run the show. Then he came here and got famous.

Anonymous said...

Figures, "substance" abuse, embraced by hollywood. Needs a big "L" tatooed on the forehead.
Nope, no slack on this.

Skul

Sezme said...

Actually, he handled his problems without a whole lot of drama.

I've known a few people with substance abuse problems. It took a while, but they are now clean and very productive members of society.

Sometimes the foibles of idiotic choices made in youth become a curse in adulthood.

Anonymous said...

We can only hope RT.
How's this week back at work doing?

Skul

Sezme said...

I usually need a couple of weeks for my brain and my body to get used to being back at work. I'm glad to be back at work. My late nights start next week, though. At least I'll get a lot of work done and won't be bringing any home. I think it is time to work on my physical well-being, my personal life, and my spiritual life. I've been overly focused on work and just trying to keep myself from ruining my health more than I have...so I need to have some balance.

My job will never be a source of love and well-being. While I enjoy helping the kids and watching them grow up, they can't be my entire life.

Anonymous said...

We're all far away, but still still think yer an OK gal.
I wish the wife and I could share our backyard with you. The critters are fun to watch.

Skul

Sezme said...

I miss having a backyard, heck any type of yard. :)

I don't know if I'm all that exciting to meet.