Tuesday, September 04, 2007

A good day!

I'm so freakin' tired. All I did all day was go to meetings and then meet with some students about a program I advise. You'd think I'd be fresh as a daisy. Nope. We are as bad as the kids the night before school begins. We are anxious, giddy, and can't sleep. So, we all come in needing a nap. I think that was all I said all day, "I'm tired. I need a nap." It took me an HOUR to eat a freakin' sandwich. So, today was totally unproductive. Oh well...I'll be plenty busy enough tomorrow.

Overall though, I had a really nice day. One of my teacher buddies is pregnant. I'm so happy for her, as she has been trying for a really long time. One of co-workers got engaged. He's a super nice guy and I'm so happy for him. I got my beginning of year affection from the men folk. We are like a family, so when a guy you work with kisses you on the smacker, you're not weirded out or anything. A few others provided hugs and kisses (men and women). It was just really nice to reconnect with people. This was also the first year I felt really comfortable returning to school. I was getting around better and managed to go down one more size over the summer, so the compliments were nice. Even my students noticed. It is hard to not feel like a blob when you are around fit people and super-fit teenagers. It's like being in high school all over again, and it is hard not to feel insecure. I need to work on that, but I'm a work in progress.

Other good stuff today? My mom had her second interview with the BIG insurance company. She and the guy that could be her boss had a really nice interview and my mom just seemed really positive afterward. So, if you are praying tonight, please remember her (Addie). Thanks. I'm going to veg out for about an hour, now. Hope you all have a great evening and an awesome day tomorrow. :)

2 comments:

DBA Dude said...

Glad to hear that you had a good day and even managed a nap at the end of it.

Finger crossed for your mum.

Sezme said...

Thank you. :)