Sunday, September 23, 2007

Headlines...

I've been kind of in a serious mood lately. Sorry. Here's some fun stuff. Enjoy!

1. Errant Cow Runs Wild In New York City
Ooops, sorry. That was a case of mistaken identity. It was actually Rosie O'Donnell trying a new workout routine.

2. Marcel, last master of mime, dies at 84...
His final words were...well, there were no "last" words.

3. Canadians celebrate parity with US dollar...
Isn't that kind of like celebrating coming in second to last at an ugliest dog contest?

4. Fukuda Tapped to Be Japan's New Prime Minister
Fuk-uda, too! Yeah, you know the press is going to have a field-day with that name.

5. 'Evil' zombies rule weekend box office
Here's the star!

6. Judge Makes 'Green Eggs and Ham' Ruling
The judge's response (for real, not made up):
"I do not like eggs in the file," Muirhead wrote. "I do not like them in any style. I will not take them fried or boiled. I will not take them poached or broiled. I will not take them soft or scrambled/Despite an argument well-rambled."

He then ordered the egg destroyed: "No fan I am/Of the egg at hand. Destroy that egg! Today! Today! Today I say! Without delay!"

7 comments:

IHeartQuilting said...

Nice one on #1. #6 is my fav, having read Dr. Suess frequently.

Sezme said...

I love #6, too. :) It is nice to see when judges can have a sense of humor, especially when replying to an idiot, sue-happy prisoner.

Anonymous said...

I've never been a mime fan. Still sad to hear of Marcel.
I can see him now, a look of startlement, pressing up on the lid. (quietly)

Skul

Rodney Dill said...

Marcel, last master of mime, dies at 84...
His final words were...well, there were no "last" words.


Wonder if he'll be buried in an invisible box.

Anonymous said...

Please, Please, Please stop posting pictures of Nancy Pelosi.
I just can't take it anymore.

Buckaroo Banzai said...

The Rosie photo made me lose my lunch. "Watch Rosie and lose weight instantly!"

Sezme said...

Skul:
HA! I think we have to honor the fact that he was a member of the French Resistance and he had family killed in a concentration camp.

But that was funny.

Rodney:
Heh. Oh, we are bad. But...if we're thinking it...

Bud:
Hey stranger! You know you want her.

Wyatt:
Hey, it's cheaper than Slim Fast, right? HA! I knew that picture would make you all hot!