Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Another good day!

Many of you know the problems I've had with pain, fatigue, and my legs over the past three years, since I've talked about them at various times. Usually, when I begin the school year, it is very painful for me. While I'm experiencing mild leg cramps at night and some general discomfort, it is nothing like the past three school years. I'm not in a fog, I'm not in excruciating pain, and the only thing that hurts are my upper legs and lower back, with muscle aches. The aches are comparable to when you decide to work out for the the first time in months and your work out is hours long. I am noticing a great deal of strength returning to my legs. I even walked out to our soccer fields today because my school was playing my cousin's son's team. Unfortunately, he was injured and didn't make the trip (one of my teacher buddies with field access checked with their bench). I walked further than I've walked in three years. YAY!!!! Now, if my pants didn't keep trying to fall down, that would have made things better. Looks like I'll be getting rid of some clothing this weekend! :)

Well, I meet the kiddies tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it. Can't say that has been how I have felt the past three or four years.

I haven't forgotten about the poem I promised. I'm a little tired and a little busy. I was going to try to write a sonnet, but I'm not sure the brain cells will be clicking enough.

I'm going to bed, now. Well, maybe.

7 comments:

rachel said...

It's a good thing you don't live somewhere where they've outlawed baggy pants!

Buckaroo Banzai said...

In a related story, we went to Parent/Teacher night for Kyle's first grade class. His teacher? Super, mega, uber hot!!!

Sweet!

Sezme said...

Rachel:
HA! Yup! At least they are not getting tighter. :)

Wyatt:
Yeah, because that is what matters. ;P

Dionne said...

Glad to hear your health is doing better.

Sezme said...

To not be in the pain I was in even a few months ago is awesome! My legs are still puffing up from sitting too much, but other than that, I feel really good. I'm not foggy or fatigued and I feel sharp and alert. I haven't felt that way since I started teaching. I felt really good my first year, after that, blek.

The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Glad you're feeling better.
Hope it's all-the-way-better soon! :)

Sezme said...

I have a goal of being able to go up and down steps at normal gait and speed by the end of the school year. I'd like to be able to stand throughout each hour long class period, too. Then I'll be all-the-way better.

I'd also like to be able to go away this summer and be able to sightsee and walk around. I wasn't able to do that when I went away this past summer.