Thursday, September 27, 2007

Mooooo, baby!

Yeah. I think I'll make "what's your beef/issue/source of angst" a weekly tradition. In case you missed it last time, this is your opportunity to whine, let go of some grrrrr, or just laugh at the pain of others. I will respond with some snark and maybe some sympathy.

My grrrrrrrrrr!?!?!?!

Activating new cell phones. Like a good customer, I assembled the information the directions said I needed. However, I got Ms. Perky on the phone and in between saying, "AWESOME!" to me when I responded with information she needed, she told me I needed this and that number and to take the battery out of my newly charged, brand new, sleek phone. I couldn't get the cover off of the battery. So while she put me on hold to do what she had to do, I attempted to remove the battery cover. No go. Turns out, I didn't have to remove it. She made it all sound like brain surgery, but with all her "AWESOME" use of the word "AWESOME," I would guess that brushing her teeth in the morning is quite an accomplishment.

Ahhhhhhhhhh............I feel better.

5 comments:

IHeartQuilting said...

Awesome post, RT. (Just had to throw awesome at you one more time.) My gripe for the day - I hate when everyone in the house doesn't feel well at the same time because we picked up some minor upper respiratory bug - not bad enough to leave you flat out, but enough to make us grumpy. At least me anyway. I'm a little cranky, and Little Grim fell asleep two hours ago and will probably be up by 10pm raring to go. Grimjack stayed home sick from work, although he seems somewhat on the mend now and will go back tomorrow. It's just annoying. But if that's the worst thing I can gripe about today, I should consider myself lucky.

Sezme said...

Here ya go: Students that don't have good manners--they blow their noses standing next to my desk...toward me, no less. They are all sick and I even have one with mono. Damn.

Hope you all feel better real soon. Whatever it is, everyone has it. I have the beginnings of it and I hope I don't get the rest of it. HA!

Anonymous said...

Getting wireless to work in Debian. Grrr.

What can I say. I like to focus on solutions, not problems.

DBA Dude said...

Thought I would have trouble finding something to rant about this week, then I came across a news item to make my head spin.

Was going to post it here but once I got started it kept getting longer and longer so I will put it up at my place.

Heading off fo a lie down in a darkened room!

Sezme said...

FIAR:
Good perspective to have. :)

DBA:
There's always something to rant about, even if it isn't earth-shattering. There are the big things in life that get us by the throat sometimes, but the little things just seem to get under our skin and annoy us, don't they?

Read your post. Good one. :)