Thursday, September 20, 2007

Learning what matters the hard way...

I was watching a television show this evening that had Michael Sweet (Stryper) and his wife on talking about a recent bout with cancer. Sweet's wife was diagnosed with stage four ovarian cancer that had spread to other organs. The prospects were grim and the doctors told her that "it's not the quanity of life, it is the quality of life" at that time. Basically, she wasn't going to live.

After her first chemo treatment, all of the cancer was gone.

I'm not doing justice to the story that was told, nor am I fully expressing what I saw in Michael Sweet as his wife told her story.

I wish I could find the song he sang for her before her interview. Instead, here is one of my favorites. (Ahhh, the'80s.)


This song was also brought to mind during their interview. How often do we blow people off or just not spend the time we should with the important people in our lives? If we're not careful, everything slips by and everything we wanted to do becomes a "what if." Be good to your loved ones...and love them. Those are the riches that fill your heart.

2 comments:

Ssssteve said...

STRYPER! Man that brings back mammorie.. oops I mean memories! heh?

Sezme said...

Now, how does seeing Stryper make you think of boobies? Huh? Geez.