Tuesday, August 21, 2007

My guilty pleasures...

Wyatt gave us a glimpse into his guilty pleasures, today. This topic makes me have to think really hard, and all that action inside the cranium kind of hurts this time of the year. However, I was able to muster up a few things.

I love old movies. Detective movies, suspense, westerns, musicals, or comedies--you name it, I love them all. I love the affectation used in old movies. I love how beautiful women were made to look with their gorgeous costumes and glamor. The men are men and more times than not, save the day. In some cases, the men and the women are equals, well before militant feminism had its way with our society.

One of my favorite "series" of movies is The Thin Man. I really enjoy the banter between the characters of Nick and Nora Charles. Nick is suave, funny, and smart. The character of Nora is just as witty and smart. I heart this couple. Every time I think I'll be able to buy the box set of the Thin Man movies, something comes up...but, one of these days I will and that will be a nice long weekend of curling up under my favorite blanket and watching movies.

Aside from my chocolate addiction (which I need to stop), I'm not really a sweets person. I really like salty stuff. In fact, I love olives stuffed with garlic. Also something I love, but hardly ever eat are salt bagels with cream cheese and tomato. Dang, that is yummy! The weird thing is, you will almost never catch me adding salt to food, though. Yummy tip: To make your watermelon taste even better, sprinkle some salt on it. You will never taste sweeter watermelon!

One last thing, I feel I can share with you all is that I love doing things for others, anonymously. I don't even always have to see a reaction or know an outcome. Sometimes I do little things for teachers or students. Other times, in the past, I've had someone slip someone some "help" with their bills. Those things have always brought me the greatest pleasure.

What are your guilty pleasures?

4 comments:

Buckaroo Banzai said...

The Thin Man was a crack at me, wasn't it?!!

Sezme said...

HA! Nope. Sorry. I don't think about you 24/7.

LBJ said...

let's see . . guilty pleasures. . .

G.G.B.B.

Guinness
Guns
Bacon
Battlestar Galactica

Sezme said...

What? No chocolate? Zoinkies!