Wednesday, August 08, 2007

DOUBLE FEATURE!!!!!

I finally went to the movies, today. It was air-conditioned and I had a $10 gift card given to me by a student at Christmas time. I'm not one to go to the movies alone. It sucks, to me, anyway. I wanted to shoot a friend a look when something happened or share laughter during a joke or ironic moment. I enjoyed myself, nonetheless, though.

The previews gave me hope for the movies coming out in the fall. Russell Crowe has a couple of movies: American Gangster,
a story about a very powerful self-made black mobster starring Denzel Washington (must see this!) and 3:10 To Yuma...a for real Western (so excited).

Mark Wahlberg, Robert Duvall, and Joaquin Phoenix have what appears to be an action-packed movie coming out, too: We Own the Night. Dad (Duvall) a chief of police and one son (Wahlberg), a cop, are up against mob enforced drug dealers. The other son, Phoenix, is involved with the drugs. This one looks really, really good.

Jamie Foxx has a movie coming out that also looks good: The Kingdom. Jennifer Garner is in it and toting guns. Yeah, knew you'd like that part, guys. Elite FBI types, investigating a bombing in Saudi Arabia, are caught up in a bit of mayhem.

A goofy movie that I think I have to see is Fred Claus. Paul Giamatti and Vince Vaughn are in it and it is directed by the director of Wedding Crashers. I don't know how good it will be, but they showed Vince Vaughn (who I think is hot) dancing (with pretty good rhythm) on top of a table. I just want to see him dance. HA!

Ok...on to my reviews.
Bourne Ultimatum:
WOW!
I love spy/action type movies. I saw Bourne Identity in the theater and absolutely loved the movie. I watched Bourne Supremacy via dvd. It was good, but I found myself getting bored. Bourne Ultimatum, however, had my attention and my enthusiasm the entire time. I was afraid it would be a little stale, but all the chases and all of the fight scenes did anything but disappoint me. In fact, I found myself thinking that Jason Bourne is what Jack Bauer wishes to be when he grows up. What I love the most is that Matt Damon (Jason Bourne) just needs to show up and let the character kick lots of asses. During the chase/fight scenes I was like, "This is the X-Games, Nascar, Ultimate Fighting, and a Timex watch all rolled into one."

I especially loved the ending. If you haven't seen this movie yet, GO!

My favorite line of the day: "You can't write this stuff."

The Simpsons Movie:
I really liked this movie a lot. It was funny and crass...the things we love about the Simpsons.

Lisa falls in love, Bart falls for booze, Homer has an epiphany, and Marge is her consistent self. Maggie rocks, too!

It was good for the giggles.

No comments: