Monday, August 27, 2007

Good things

While I've been so pissy and a real whiner lately, I do take stock of my blessings. I have a good job at a great school, I know God loves me, and I have a brain that can and will be used when I feel like it. I also have friends, bloggy and otherwise that all bring something valued and appreciated into my life.

I drove my mom around to pick up job applications and stuff, today. Then, I took her out to an early dinner. When we walked in the hostess went on and on about my new hair-do. That made me feel good. But then, when we were leaving, I was making a left turn at a light and a guy checked me out! WOW! That hasn't happened in a long while. I even smiled at him. Maybe it was the cool hair and shades. :)

Ok, so there is this song that I love when I want a good laugh. I totally forgot I was going to buy beer today (been craving it) and so...this is the next best thing. (Yes, I was once this obnoxious.)


3 comments:

Uber said...

I was that obnoxious as well, so much so that it's hard to believe I'd never heard of this particular band until recently. *g*

Sezme said...

They were mainly known around the NY/NJ area. I used to hang out in North Jersey during the time they were kind of popular in those parts.

"I'm broke; it's 3am--I wish you were a beer!" HA!

RT/Medic said...

its funny how a lot of young obnoxious punkers and metal heads from the 80's and 90's turned out for be conservative in the new millennium
:) i look back at the pics of me with a Mohawk and i see me know and its like LOL i wonder if it would still work LMAO. cool song wish i was a beer too :)