Wednesday, August 01, 2007

CAR CHOICES

Well, it looks like I'll have to kill my raise and dreams of getting out of debt.

How about this vehicle?
Taurus X 2008 (This is a link.)
Too mommy? Too yuppie?
It is a retooled (for the better) Freestyle.

I like evertything this offers-even the space, but I don't think I'll be driving five other people around any time soon.

At least it doesn't have wood panels on the sides.

Next up is a Rav4 2007: (Link sucks, doesn't work. Same for the rest of the vehicles.)
Slightly cheaper. It doesn't scream "soccer mom." It's ass-level, which works well for me.


Downshot? A crazy lady I work with has made the lives of two of my co-workers quite miserable, lately. She has recently bought one of these and she will feel the need to talk about the car FOREVER! I'll just want to spit in her eye, though.

Dodge Charger R/T (HA!) 2007:

Sporty. That is all I need to know. (The black one or one of the two above the black one will suffice.)

Downshot? Rear wheel drive...eeeek!

GMC Envoy 2007:

Suv...a real one.



Got any suggestions? I have a feeling I'll be getting a Taurus. I don't think I want another Buick.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I kinda like the Toyota FJ's. You should take a look at them too...

http://tinyurl.com/7u7qd

Sezme said...

It seems to be around the same price as the Rav4's. Thanks. I kind of like them, too.

Anonymous said...

Hi there. Just wandered over from Wild Bill's place and thought I'd comment on your car search.

My wife drives a Ford Escape and she loves it. It's smaller than most SUV's but you still get that comfortable feeling when you're in it.

Sezme said...

Thanks!

I drove past some dealerships after I picked up my car, today. The FJ Cruiser is looking promising for the price.

rachel said...

I know someone with a RAV4, no complaints. Handles well in snow. I've driven it, I like it enough. (I still prefer my truck, but that's me.)

Couple of thoughts: look into buying from a fleet dealer. I've heard they can get you a good deal.

Also, consider buying used, one or two years old. You don't wind up with the "upside-down" feeling driving off the lot.

One thing that's nice, that wasn't around 10 years ago, is the "certified used" cars from major car dealers.

Of course, I bought my truck from a friend, which most people would advise against, I'm sure. But it was an unusual situation that fell into my lap. Sometimes good things come out of lousy situations.

Sezme said...

Thanks!

I know one of my local Ford dealers is a fleet dealer. I will check for the Toyota dealer.

I drive too much to deal with used cars. I would love to do it, but it isn't a good idea for, right now.

If I lived closer to work...yeah.

I really appreciate your input.

Anonymous said...

100 miles a day? I thought I was bad doing 80. Forget the car, you should try a helicopter. Commuting time is cut way down, and since you live in Jersey, the insurance will run you about the same!

I was so happy this morning to find a gas station that oinly chraged me 2.77 for gas.

Sezme said...

The commute occurs during darkness, too. I get to see the sun rise and I usually miss the sunset. Grrrrrrrr! All 295, too. Yay.

I think gas is 2.75 around me. At least I don't have to get out of my car and pump it.

I'm putting the car thing on hold until Monday. I'm suffering from sticker shock...need a V6.