Sunday, January 07, 2007

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!


Boy am I glad I prepared this post during the first half of the Eagles game. I'm wiped out from the rollercoaster ride. I might have to hit the Tylenol PM, tonight. So, did you guess the lie?
Now for the truth:
1. I am, according to my grandmother (mom's side) and a family tree done many moons ago, related to William Henry Harrison and Benjamin Harrison. How? I have no clue. I was told so long ago, I can't remember. Funny fact: I hate wearing coats.

2. My great-great grandfather Palmer had a sporting good shop in Stirling, Scotland. One of things he was known for were his handcrafted, silk umbrellas. Umbrellas are quite a necessity in Scotland.


3. When I was 16, I went to a small, local venue (City Gardens) to see Megadeth and Slayer. While the two guys my best friend and I hopped a ride with talked with Slayer, the not otherwise engaged members (at various times Araya and King) played tag (not knock down drag out or anything) with my friend and me. Two years later, she found herself dating King. The two events are totally unrelated.


4. While at Great Adventure for some fun, sun, and Quiet Riot/Night Ranger (we were bored) my best friend and I were stunned to notice a certain group of gentlemen following us (at times) and crossing paths with us. Yes, Anthrax. We have a picture, too. They sat a few rows behind us at the concert, with no one else in between. We didn't want to sit with the crowd. That wouldn't be metal. HA!


5. One night after exiting The Roxy, Sunset Strip was full of (as usual) guys with black or blonde hair (or combination of both)...never saw a redhead until this night. I was standing next to him and his hair was so pretty that I turned and said to my friend (loud enough for the guy to hear me), "Wow. He has such beautiful hair." He turned and smiled. My lithium-needing-but-wouldn't-take-it roommate said, "He's a f*g." The smile turned to a dirty look toward my friend. I was like, "Dude, he'll kick your ass!" Fast-forward to when I came home from Cali and the G-n-R video for "Jungle" just came out. (Literally event and video a few months apart.) I look at the video and it is the "guy" from the Strip. I think a stuttered a bit and screamed.


6. It happened as I stated. S. Bach wasn't in the band yet. They went out to LA the same time I was out there and had practice space in the same building as some other friends I had. That too, took a video for realization, but for my friend, as I never met them in Cali. Seaside Heights was enough.


7.A big fat lie! I've been told I have a nice, soothing voice, perfect for the radio or voice-overs, but it has never come to pass.

5 comments:

rachel said...

I saw a show at City Gardens as well. But it wasn't one you would have been at: Dead Kennedys. Spring of '85.

Nicely played.

Sezme said...

I think mine was '85 as well. It was toward the spring or summer, because I know it was after my first ever Iron Maiden concert when I had just turned 16. Whoa....small world.

Captain America said...

Clos brushes with metal greatness, nice. I was a total Anthrax head too.
Captainden

Sezme said...

Not to be purposely cliche--it is a small world, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Oh damn it...I thought for sure it was #1!