Saturday, January 27, 2007

Movie review and other nonsense...

I was supposed to see Stomp the Yard this afternoon, but my friend had a bride meltdown because of her parents and their vision for her wedding. I keep trying to tell her to elope, but she's not having it. Anyhoo, we decided to sit and talk for a while before the movie, so we decided to see Night at the Museum. Yes, I know it is a kiddie movie, but it was funny and kept my attention (didn't bore me). If you have little ones around 5-10, I think they will really find it fun. There is a fun twist involving Dick Van Dyke, Mickey Rooney, and some other guy I recognize, but don't know his name. I laughed a lot and so did my stressed out best friend, so the movie accomplished its task--entertainment. I enjoyed all the M & M commercials, too. Plenty of inside jokes to be had during that period of the previews, but I won't go into it here, sorry.

After the movie we headed out to Panera for dinner and then we went to two stores. Y'all have no idea what it means for me to go out two Saturday evenings in a row and be able to have the stamina to do lots of walking. I even went grocery shopping. To top everything off, I was able to get rid of two pairs of jeans today--because they are too big!

Feeling human again is a nice thing. I feel like I'm waking up from a long nap.

8 comments:

Ssssteve said...

Hey, that is amazing!! I am so happy for you!! Here's to more days like that!!

Sezme said...

Yep. I'll need many encouraging days. I think we all do, though. :)

John DuMond said...

Mmmmm, Panera. I love Panera.

Sezme said...

This Panera has a fire place (do all of them?) so we sat there. Turkey and bacon sandwich w/ an unsweetened iced tea...yummmmay!

Dionne said...

Yah, about the jeans!!

I just saw Catch and Release this weekend with Jennifer Garner. It was good!!

Sezme said...

It looks cute. I'm not a real mushy movie person, though.

RHV said...

Hey! I went to see Night at the Museum with my sister this past weekend as well. =) I didn't realize it had so many freakin' people in it that I knew. I'm not sure who the other old dude was either, but on top of Mickey Rooney and Dick Van Dyke, it also had Owen Wilson, Robin Williams, and Ben Stiller.

It was a cute movie. I might have to take my step-son to it (he's 8 and I think he'd really enjoy it).

Thanks to you and Rex for stopping in to make sure I'm still alive and breathing. =)

Take care!

Sezme said...

Glad you liked the movie, too.

Glad you're feeling better. :)