Friday, January 05, 2007

Guess the lie...


We'll play a game this weekend. You have to guess which of the following statements about my life is a complete and utter lie:

1. I am related to two former presidents.

2. My great-great grandfather married into the Spalding sporting goods family and had his own umbrella/sporting goods shop.

3. When I was 16, I played tag with Slayer in the parking lot of a venue where I had seen them in concert.

4. My friend and I crossed paths with Anthrax many times one day at Great Adventure. We hardcore metalheads were there to see Quiet Riot and Night Ranger.

5. My friend called Axl a nasty word for homosexual on the Sunset Strip...too his face.

6. When I was 17 a limo pulled up to next to my friend and me and when the guy rolled down the window I asked what band he was in (it was too obvious) and he said, "Skid Row." I said, "Yeah, you look it." He said, "We've got Jon Bon Jovi in the car." I was like, "yeah, right." About a year and half later/two years later..."Youth Gone Wild" was a hit. Damn.

7. I once had a temp job at a local television station and was asked to voice-over some promo spots because they liked my voice.

The truth will be revealed Sunday night. Have fun!

10 comments:

Ssssteve said...

You lied right off the bat, number 1 is what I pick. But, the one where you were playing "tag" with Slayer in the parking lot. Maybe you could tell us about that one if it's not too steamy! HA

Sezme said...

Tag? Steamy?

How do you lie off of a bat?

My answers will be revealed Sunday night.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Steve on this one. #1 is bogus. :)

Sezme said...

I could be related to the Bush family, but then again, maybe not.

Buckaroo Banzai said...

Definitely #3. Slayer is not playing tag. Great recurring post, though!

Sezme said...

Well, one of my friends did date King about 2 1/2 years later when we went to Cali.

Sezme said...

That, however, doesn't mean you're right or that I'm lying. You'll find out tomorrow. :)

rachel said...

I'm going with 2. I believe all of it except that he sold umbrellas in a sporting good shop. ;)

Dionne said...

Wow!! Its hard to pick, I will be looking forward to your answers on sunday.

Anonymous said...

Ditto what Rachel said. If only one is a lie, it's that one.