Monday, January 08, 2007

Back in the swing of things


Aside from the fact that today seemed like an eternity, I had reasons to smile (notwithstanding the fire alarm going off during a downpour-no umbrella-grrrrrr!)

1. I realized Spring Training begins in about a month. That means spring and JUNE cannot be far off in the distance.

2. My students missed me. Isn't that sweet? Well, they said the sub was weird after they said, "We missed you soooooooo much." It counts and it made a long day very bearable.

3. Co-workers told me that it was errily quiet and boring without me. I am known for my one-liners, banter, and wise-cracks. Surprised?

4. One co-worker said I looked the best I have in a couple of years: thinner, rested, nice new curve-hugging outfit. It felt nice after a week and weekend of family that sees me every blue moon discuss my weight and such. (The outfit is a size smaller than my last shopping trip.)

5. My supervisor gave me over a dozen roses and beautiful card. I have a picture of me and my grandmom, on my college graduation day, that I placed the roses next to on my desk.

The best part of today was that the sun was shining so brightly and felt so warm during my drive home. It helped with the lingering blah.

8 comments:

wrecksE said...

Glad you're back in it. Probably helped to have your mind occupied, and I'm with you, is it spring yet???

Sezme said...

I can't wait to see the daisies bloom!

Ssssteve said...

Whoo Hooo Spring Training!!! Can't wait. you want to know something funny on number 5 I first read it that you had a picture of you and your grandson. not Grandmom. Hee, uhhm, isn't that funny, ha. Well, anyway.

Buckaroo Banzai said...

Feel free to expouse further upon point number 3.

Sezme said...

Sssssssssssteve:
Real funny...considering I don't have kids. Like to know where the grandkids came from. (I misread things when I'm tired.)

Wyatt:
They were trying to tell me it was boring without me. They love me, really they do. In fact, one male teacher kissed me on the top of my head (I was sitting) and said he was really glad I was back and he missed me (he's married...and ten years younger than me). Younger men--good/married--not good. :)

Ssssteve said...

Kissed you on top of your head???! That is sexual harrasment!

Sezme said...

Not with him it's not. He's harmless. Now there is this retired teacher that now subs that I call the "creepy uncle" that has problems looking me in the face. He's usually looking a little lower. Ewwwwwwww! I hate that!

Dionne said...

Very cool!!!!