Saturday, January 27, 2007

Step away from the keyboard!


Sometimes I have to admit I that I am just plain idiotic at times. I hate reading directions and when I am tired enough and trying to find something on my computer, I tend to just push some buttons that look good at the time. Looks can be deceiving. In my can't-get-to-sleep ridden state last night I decided that I'd try to clear some photos off of my computer, when I completed that easy task, I decided that I'd try to reestablish my connection MSN. WHY? Well, I wanted to send something to one of my friends and that something is easier for me to send when sent by my MSN email. My MSN hasn't worked since I had to get a new hard drive and I had come to accept that MSN was gone. Afterall, I didn't just want to push buttons willy-nilly and do something stupid. Well, stupid came-a-calling last night and I opened the door. I must have been lonely. So, to make a long story not-quite-short, I have no internet access on my laptop. My network connection is toast (for now) and I somehow pushed the right buttons to restore any internet connection to my desktop computer. I'm sure there is an easy fix, but I'm too stupid to know which button to click when I should not have been "pushing buttons" in the first place. Just thought I'd share my idiotic behavior so you could laugh. :) Risk taking and curiosity are not good traits to have when you have a computer sitting in front of you.

5 comments:

The Conservative UAW Guy said...

I feel your pain.
Hope you get stuff resolved soon!

Sezme said...

On the seventh day, God created Rachel...well she doesn't believe in God, but had she not helped me my computer would be in wireless limbo somewhere. She rocks! My 'puter us all better. :)

Dionne said...

"Risk taking and curiosity are not good traits to have when you have a computer sitting in front of you."

LOL :-) Yah, I hate reading directions and I am computer challenged among other things. I have a friend that is great at computer stuff so I get into a bind and I just call her. I also have her show me new stuff, it is sooooooo much easier and shorter than me trying to read the directions and try to figure it out.

rachel said...

I was happy to help. :)

Sezme said...

Thanks again!