Saturday, June 16, 2007

Happy Father's Day

This is my dad. He's a couple of years shy of 70. You'd never know it.

Father's Day is a day of pride for a lot of the men-folk who visit my blog. You have children or stepchildren (or serve as father-figures to grandchildren, nieces, and nephews), and from what I've read in your blogs, you love them and would do just about anything for them, because you want what is best for them. That's why I like y'all so much. :) It is my hope that your children show you the same love and respect.


I hope you use the memories of your own fathers to inspire you to be just as awesome or to do things better, of course, depending on the relationship you had with your own father.

Here are two quotations I found that seem to be really good advice:
The great man is he who does not lose his child's heart ...

To be in your child's memories tomorrow ... you have to be in their lives today.

Please use the comments section to provide a favorite memory of your father, something that made you grateful to have the father you have, or to provide your favorite moment (so far) as a dad. Of course, you don't need to be a dad to leave a comment. :)
Happy Father's Day!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Dionne said...

One of my favorite things about my dad is that he always listened to me and cared about what I had to say. Even though my husband and father are very different personality wise that is something they have in common, my husband is a great listener!!