Thursday, June 21, 2007

SIGH OF RELIEF!

Today is the longest day of the year according to the calendar. This afternoon I experienced two very long hours after wondering for about a month if I for sure do not have cancer. I've had cysts for about 13 years that appeared after a heinous car accident. But when you are told that more and more tests are needed, your brain tends to go a little mushy. Today, they found something they hadn't ever seen in me, so that added to the angst and the length of time before I found out, that I indeed have cysts and not cancer. Praise God!

The whole time I was telling one of my friends that I truly believe God has a lot left for me to do...and I still believe it. Today, I feel like I was given a reminder to be better to myself and to others. Today I was reminded that not everyone is as blessed as I am.

I'm telling you things a little more specifically because I want you all to take care of yourselves, too. The past three years have been hard, health-wise, but I'm getting better and I look forward to even more progress. I feel like today was an affirmation of that. Three years ago I was tested for another form of cancer, and like today, everything was ok.

Please, guys, urge the women you love so much in your lives to get tested and to take care of themselves. Guys, you do the same for all the guy stuff. I want you all around for a really, really long time. It's scary and uncomfortable, but better safe than sorry.

After waiting for the news I went out to my car and cried. Finally, I feel hope for a lot of things that I'd given up on and I needed this kick in the butt. This song came to mind. Btw, that car accident? It was exactly the same hit this car takes, but with an F250.

You know all that stupid stuff that bugs us all everyday? Think of how stupid it really is. Thousands of women today got news opposite to mine. I think worrying about what other people think of my appearance and about me in general is pretty dumb, now, eh? If people at our age and older are still shallow like teenagers, who needs them? I'm not going to be an idiot anymore.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR PRAYERS, FINGER CROSSING, AND GOOD THOUGHTS! I HAVE REALLY, REALLY APPRECIATED EVERYTHING.

9 comments:

Ssssteve said...

Donna, That is awesome news! So glad it turned out so well!!

Sezme said...

Thank you! I have not felt this happy and ready to live my life in a lot of years. :)

Anonymous said...

Yup, Ssssteve said it.

Anonymous said...

Alright RT! Now get out there and live a little bit...or a lot. :)

Sezme said...

Skul:
Thank you!

DL:
A LOT of living! I've realized I've not been doing much of that for a long while.

John DuMond said...

I'm glad to hear everything's ok, RT. That kind of suspense you don't need.

Sezme said...

Thanks, John.
It was the longest two hours of my life. I'm very grateful for the news and the chance to make positive changes in my life. The past month has been an eye-opener.

The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Great news!
God bless. :)

Sezme said...

Thanks, JimmyB