Friday, June 08, 2007

Dear China


Since China won't publish the truth about their own human rights abuses, I thought I would. As you all know China won't allow certain truths about their government to be shown; however, all I need is to visit my sitemeter (wink, wink).

So, China...once upon a time 18 years ago, your countrymen were brave enough to protest against the government. While one tank soldier chose to not run over a countryman, others were killed by soldiers and/or police.


Many people were killed. Many were jailed. Many went missing. Many sought exile here in the U.S. or in other parts of the world.

I was stunned (not really) to find out this evening that newspaper editors were fired for bringing a slight bit of attention to the protests of 18 years ago. So here are the pictures that your government doesn't want you to see. I hope you are allowed to taste true freedom, someday. I'm grateful I have been blessed to live in a country founded on freedoms, especially freedom of speech.

No comments: