Monday, June 18, 2007

EXPLANATION

I'm bored. I know, I haven't been done everything for school for 24 hours and I am bored. For 10 months I pretty much think about something school related from the time I wake up until I finally fall asleep (every freakin' day). I'll probably be weirder than usual for a few days. I have to adjust to the idea that I can have a life, have some free time, and breathe without stress.

Btw, remember how a couple of weeks ago I mentioned some medical tests? I have to get another one Thursday. It is important and I'll talk about it more another day, but for now, just pray that everything is ok (as expected). It is meant to be a "yes, you are fine" definitive test, but nerve-wracking just the same. The past month I've had a few tests and a few blood tests. I need a break, now. I need to have an awesome summer after three years of "ick."

I'll be working on some things over the summer. I would like to have a day trip at least once a week and post pictures. I plan on going down to Tennessee for about five or six days. I'd also like to become the exercise freak I once was. The thyroid seems to functioning and the metabolism finally seems to be jolted out of its slumber. This time next year (Lord willing) I should be thin and really active, which would mean the world to me. Everything in its time. Since September, I've lost close to 50 pounds. I know the difference and that is what matters. (My mom took in a pair of pants last week...two inches on each side of my waist!)

So, that is the state of RT.

6 comments:

rachel said...

Fifty? Wow. That's amazing. You should be really proud of yourself.

I'll be crossing fingers and all that for the test results to be happy.

Sezme said...

I am pretty pleased with myself.

One of my kids took a picture of me with her new cell phone, today. When she showed it to me, I was upset, but I know I am improving/a work in progress and I will improve every day. I'll just have to keep my Sept. picture handy to remind myself that I don't look as bad as that picture anymore.

Thanks for the finger crossing. I need some happy stuff. ;)

John DuMond said...

Fifty pounds, eh? Great job, RT (I've managed to drop about 20 in the same time frame, myself). Keep up the good work.

Buckaroo Banzai said...

You're bored???!!!

How about deleting that pic of T-Bag and the link for PBC? That blog has been dead for months!

Ssssteve said...

Man, 50lbs what did you do! I need to know, I'll do the same thing!!

Sezme said...

JD:
Losing is better than gaining in any amount!

Wyatt:
I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. I will take it down, now. I'll find a "special" picture to put up in its place. No...not blogs for Bauer.

Ssssteve:
My thyroid went bad over time-- (probably since my car accident 13 years ago--so about ten years)--my metabolism went to hell and then I gained A LOT of weight. Then for two and half years I couldn't lose any of it and I've lost most of that 50 since January, to be honest. My thyroid is finally under control, so I think my metabolism has had a chance to kick in on a consistent basis. So...I'm still huge and will be for a while. I've come to terms with it. I wish the rest of the world could. I'll be thin (not skinny) hopefully within a year. I'm tired of wearing clown clothes. (Why do clothing buyers insist on thinking fat women want to wear shirts with weird designs and farm animals on them?) Wow...this is long. Anyway, that is how I've been losing weight. Oh and I don't eat much fat and/or carbs. I have to find a hobby to replace eating. :)

So, get your thyroid checked OR it could be that you're on the road a lot and you eat on the fly or really tired. I know how it is.

Now if I could get myself to exercise, that would be key. God made me 5'10"...I think i need to be a brick house, now. I'm ready for that change. :P