Saturday, July 07, 2007

SUNDAY SONG

I'm supposed to be praying and fasting today. I planned on it for most of the week. Sometimes the prayers don't come and we just need to be still, because we're all prayed-out. The prayers aren't coming today. A constant theme in my life has been disappointment. Sometimes because I get my hopes up about something, or because I've been hurt in some way. People are human, it happens. Other times, I feel like I am the source of disappointment, and that makes me feel worst of all. Despite what y'all think, I don't tell you everything, and well, I'm dealing with "stuff." Stuff I don't want to talk about, because then it wouldn't be between me and God. So right now, I just need some grace. This song is a variation on "Amazing Grace." It includes the words, which I think are worth just listening to the song in itself.

5 comments:

Uber said...

Aw, love this song. The very first one I ever learned to sing when just little (albeit not very well).

Hoping and praying that you get the answers or peace, or just whatever it is you're needing. RT. :)

Anonymous said...

Love ya RT, but not in a sexual way!

Sezme said...

Uber:
Peace is all I'm needing, so that I can let God take care of the rest. I think the emotional roller coaster I've been on since December is having its way with me and you all have to read about it.

WB:
Yeah, don't worry...like a brother/sister kind of thing. :)

I'd ask, "Why can't a single guy say that," but the dependent clause would be a bugger!

Dionne said...

What a great version of that song!!

Sezme said...

There is another song that I like that has really nice music to it, but I can't find a clip with good sound.

:)